Renewal Presbyterian Church is an actively growing Christian community in the greater Philadelphia region. Renewal consists of two churches, one location in the city, Renewal West Philly, and the other in the suburbs, Renewal Main Line.
Renewal Main Line is located in Wynnewood, PA with congregants representing Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties. Comprised of people from various backgrounds and ages, our congregation ranges from college students to families, with a growing number of children and youth.
Renewal Main Line initially began as a suburban church plant out of Renewal West Philly in 2010 with the name Renewal King of Prussia. Later, the church relocated to Devon (2012) where it grew a conviction to plant multiple, local congregations in the suburbs of Philadelphia. In line with this conviction, Renewal Devon joined with like-minded brothers and sisters from Renewal West Philly to begin Renewal Main Line in the Fall of 2017 at Saint Katherine's Day School.
To ignite a gospel-spreading movement through multiple local congregations by making, maturing, equipping, and deploying followers of Jesus Christ for the renewal of individuals, communities, and cultures.
- To ignite a gospel-spreading movement.
We are passionate about seeing the gospel transform lives all over our region unto God’s glory.
- Through multiple local congregations.
We believe that the progress of the gospel is most effectively accomplished by God through the local church that incarnates the gospel to their neighboring contexts. As one church, we believe we can best spread the gospel throughout our region through multiple local congregations (campuses).
- In the surrounding suburbs of Philadelphia and the world.
Our prayer is join God’s mission of spreading the saving knowledge of Jesus throughout the world. We believe we are called to join His work both in our respective neighborhoods, cities, regions, and internationally through missions.
- Individuals, communities, and cultures are renewed in Christ.
We see gospel transformation as an outward spiral that renews individuals, brings about a transformative counter-cultural community as they come together, who then work as a united body to serve and renew their local communities and impact their cultural spheres for the gospel. We desire to see this breadth and depth of gospel change at work.
What We Believe
Renewal is a member of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). We are reformed in theology, Presbyterian in government, Evangelical in spirit and mission minded.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone as He sovereignly chooses those He will save. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
Luke Woo – Assistant Pastor
Reverend Luke Woo was born in a small town in Korea but grew up in Downingtown, PA. He graduated with a BS in Biology from Penn State University and a Masters of Divinity at Westminster Theological Seminary. He is an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). While working in clinical research, Luke received a call to serve in Southeast Asia. After coming back from missions in 2011, Luke served in the college ministry at Renewal West Philadelphia campus before coming to Main Line to serve as the assistant pastor. He is happily married to the girl of his dreams, Joanna, who recently moved to the United States. They are both excited to see Renewal be a disciple-making church with a commitment to spread the gospel to the ends of the earth.
Juwon Suh – Elder
Juwon Suh was raised in the Philadelphia area and has pretty much never left. He graduated from University of the Sciences in Philadelphia and works as a palliative pharmacist for Enclara Pharmacia. Juwon started attending Renewal (formerly Emmanuel) in West Philly in 1993 and accepted Jesus as his Savior. Since then, he has actively served in many aspects of ministry including children’s ministry, missions, and now as an elder. Juwon and his wife Betty were married in 2005 and have been blessed with 3 children: Andrew, Emily and Lauren. They currently reside in Blue Bell. Along with spending time with his family, he enjoys running marathons, watching sports (go Birds!), and doing yard work.
Joseph Hyun – Elder
Joe was born in Chicago, but was raised in the suburbs of Philadelphia. Having graduated from Penn State and Temple University, he currently works as a Physical Therapist at Shriners Hospital for Children. Joe has been attending Renewal since 1996 from the early days in West Philly, and has served as an elder at Renewal since 2012. Joe oversees the Missions Board and is passionate to see folks welcomed, connected, and equipped as joyful followers of Jesus in an authentic community. He has been happily married to Grace since 2001 who is also a Penn Stater. They, along with their three children, live in Havertown where they actively participate in various school and community activities. Joe especially has a ball watching his kids play sports (and coaching when he can!) He also enjoys the great outdoors and exploring new campgrounds with his family. Last but not least, Joe loves (and lives) to eat.
Mike Reig – Deacon
Mike grew up in Port Byron, Illinois and attended the University of Illinois. After law school, he practiced law in Madison, Wisconsin, where he worked for the Wisconsin Legislature and met his wife Amanda. Today, Mike works with students as a college registrar in Philadelphia. Mike and Amanda have been with the Renewal family since its founding in West Philadelphia and joined our Main Line church plant as our deacon. They both have a heart to establish more gospel-centered communities in the Greater Philadelphia Area. Mike is a lover of the outdoors, so let him know if you’re willing to join him for a peaceful morning fishing one of the local rivers! Mike and Amanda have two beautiful daughters: Cora and Lena, who both have a great fashion sense.