Renewal Church is an actively growing Christian community with a desire to plant churches throughout the greater Philadelphia region with the gospel. Renewal consists of two churches and three service locations, Renewal West Philly and its Renewal Center City Campus, and Renewal Main Line. All are comprised of people from various backgrounds and ages and range from college students to families, with a growing number of children and youth.
Renewal Main Line initially began as a suburban church plant out of Renewal West Philly in 2010 with the name Renewal King of Prussia. In 2012, the church relocated to Devon, PA where it grew a conviction to plant multiple, local congregations in the suburbs. In line with this conviction, Renewal Devon joined with like-minded members from Renewal West Philly's City Ave Parish to begin Renewal Main Line in the Fall of 2017, with its current services held in the heart of the Main Line at Holy Child School at Rosemont.
To ignite a gospel-spreading movement through multiple local congregations by making, maturing, equipping, and deploying followers of Jesus Christ for the renewal of individuals, communities, and cultures.
- To ignite a gospel-spreading movement.
We are passionate about seeing the gospel transform lives all over our region unto God’s glory.
- Through multiple local congregations.
We believe that the progress of the gospel is most effectively accomplished by God through the local church that incarnates the gospel to their neighboring contexts. As one church, we believe we can best spread the gospel throughout our region through multiple local congregations (campuses).
- In the surrounding suburbs of Philadelphia and the world.
Our prayer is to join God’s mission of spreading the saving knowledge of Jesus throughout the world. We believe we are called to join His work both in our respective neighborhoods, cities, regions, and internationally through missions.
- Individuals, communities, and cultures are renewed in Christ.
In addition to the Good News of salvation, we see the gospel transforming individuals who in turn come together to form counter-cultural communities. They then work as a united body to serve their respective neighborhoods.
What We Believe
Renewal is a member of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). We are reformed in theology, Presbyterian in government, Evangelical in spirit and mission minded.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone as He sovereignly chooses those He will save. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.